Sunday, September 21, 2008

Qatar Doctor Experience

And and experience it was. We had to take a taxi because my car is being serviced. That was an adventure in its self. Gemma wanted to crawl all over the backseat and didn't like the fact that I didn't let her. We had to wait for over an hour for the doctor (you can't make appointments). At one point Gemma collapsed on the floor having a fit. I got out an antibiotic wipe and cleaned her hands, it was BLACK. Needless to say we will NOT be going back there. Well we all have infections. We had a serious language barrier and I'm assuming that means strep. The girls have 4 medicines they have to take and I have 3. We then waited for over 40 minutes for the taxi to take us back home. Did I mention it is 104 degrees? I'm hot, tired and sick. And just look at all the meds.......

5 comments:

Saundra said...

Oh my goodness! That sounds awful. I can't believe you can't make appointments.

Lezlie Skinner-Blazzard said...

I thought they were supposed to have amazing medical care there... Was it just the particular place you went?

Unknown said...

Yikes! Do they have other places you can go? What do you do next time you get sick?

Unknown said...

I am sorry that you had such a terrile experience, but I am glad that you are all on medication so that you can get feeling bettter. You have all be sick a long time.

meg.. said...

That's awful! I hope you're all feeling better very soon.