Sunday, January 25, 2009

The faces of HFM



These are the faces of Hand Foot and Mouth. What is that you say? That is a good question. I didn't know until Thursday night myself. My girlfriend called to say that her son was sent home from school because of it. Of course it is contagious. Within 2 hours Maya was crying with a fever of 103. Saturday she broke out with the spots. Last night Gem started with the fever but as a added bonus is also vomiting. She threw up all over me several times and once in her bed. We were up until 3:30am. Maya has the spots on her face, hands, arms and feet. Gem has one dot by her eye but I'm waiting for more. The best thing you ask? It lasts for 7 days! That means we can't go out and can't do anything on Maya's birthday. What a bummer!

4 comments:

Lezlie Skinner-Blazzard said...

Oh no!!! I was hoping that you would avoid it....

Saundra said...

Oh noooo! Gemma looks so sad. I had no idea that was a problem in Qatar. That is insane! Can adults get it too or are you guys safe?

Kim Ponte said...

It is extremely rare that an adult would get it. Thank goodness!

Unknown said...

Wow! You guys have dealt with some exotic illnesses. Give them a hug for me!