Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Supermarket Mishap

This morning Gemma and I were at the grocery store. They just got a bunch of car carts and she was inside driving and honking. A few minutes later I heard her say, Look at me Mommy, I'm driving. I absentmindedly said wow, you are a big girl. Just as I got this out of my mouth I looked next to me and there was an adult small person (not sure of the politically correct word here) glaring at me. I just stood there stunned as I realized she thought I was talking to her. I don't think she even noticed Gem sitting in the "car". So I just smiled very politely and kept telling Gemma what a good driver she was and walked away. How embarrassing.

2 comments:

Lezlie Skinner-Blazzard said...

how embarassing!!!

Unknown said...

I can imagine how embarrased you must have felt.