Friday, March 5, 2010

Mock Sushi

I haven't been posting much lately because Brian keeps stealing my thunder by posting things on his Facebook account before I can get them on my blog. Men! But I've decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and post anyway. Last week Maya and I made sushi for the girls for dinner. I saw a peanut butter add for peanut butter and jelly sushi. You simply take a piece of white bread, cut off the crust and roll it flat with a rolling pin. Add your toppings and you have kid approved sushi. We made peanut butter and jelly (Gem's favorite), Mexican (refried beans and cheddar cheese) and Italian (pizza sauce and mozzarella). I'm working on a Middle Eastern one with Hummus but I'm not sure what to put with it. Any ideas?



2 comments:

Lezlie Skinner-Blazzard said...

sorry Brian has been stealing your thunder, but I'm kind of glad he did. My girls have been loving the mock sushi. In fact, we are doing a Japanese dinner for our Blazzard family FHE next sunday, and I am going to make some for the kids that night.

Unknown said...

I love the sushi idea. I will have to remember that when we do sushi for adults so the kids will not feel left out.