Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Christmas in Doha


When we came to Doha I told Brian that I was bringing all of our Christmas decorations because I knew I wouldn't be able to get anything like that here. So I sent everything. The fake tree, the ornaments, I even sent the tree lights that we can't plug in here!

So Imagine my surprise the last few days as I've been shopping at seeing all of the fake trees, decorations, electronic movable santas etc. Did I mention that an 8 foot tree is about $43.69?

All of you that know me, know I rarely say no to my kids (in terms of shopping that is!) so here they are in today's $1.92 find. Have you seen anything cuter? Please note the matching high heel princess shoes. They are such girls. I reminded Brian that one of Maya's first words was Credit Card and Gemmas was Makeup! What on earth would I have done with a boy?

7 comments:

Lezlie Skinner-Blazzard said...

Isn't that the way it goes? If you hadn't sent it, you never would have been able to find anything....

Roseanne said...

Man, princess shoes are the ultimate dress up accessory. I loved them when I was little.

Monica Ash said...

You would have been fine with boys your purchases would have cost more than 1.92 though! Try and find cheap boy toys! When Ethan gets down he wants to go shopping. Even the smallest Thomas the Tank Engine thing cost $10.00

Hollie said...

Yep, cuter than cute! As for boys? I have no clue, but I know I would have had a good laugh at your expense.

Diane said...

On my goodness, they are awesomely adorable. I also loved the princss shoes as a kid. I would love to have a new tree at that price. Holiday shopping overwhelms me.

Love your posts, this one made me miss seeing you guys a lot. Hurray for girls!

Unknown said...

Just wait till prom! Nothing is more fun then helping them dress up to be princesses!

Unknown said...

I have to agree dressing little girls is so much fun. I love my grandson's but I am clueless as to what a boy would like. The girls look like dollie's as Grandma Skineer would call them.