Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Strange Happenings

There have been some strange happenings here in Doha. Saturday evening I went outside to see some friends off and I felt two drops of water hit me. Apparently it was from the sky. Saw 1 or 2 other drops but that was it. Strange, I understand they call this phenomenon rain.

Then this morning I went out at 7am to go to the gym (no that isn't the strange happening but it has gone on for 2 weeks now!) and I felt this odd feeling. My skin had little bumps on it and it was a bit uncomfortable. I understand this is called cold. Checked the thermometer and it was 64. Strange.

3 comments:

Saundra said...

This reminds me--how cold will it be in December? Should I be packing a coat? I'm always cold, so maybe gloves and warm socks even? Would shorts be worth packing? Oh the agony of deciding what to bring!!

Lezlie Skinner-Blazzard said...

Wow... This is bizarre. Ü

Burnis said...

My Dear you live in a Desert. This was not rain but one of the 3 birds "with a full bladder" who happens to live near Doha. As to the 64 degrees well it is hard to comment on this when it is 16 degrees outside right now. So well, I just shall not comment. :)

Dad