Sunday, April 12, 2009

Diary of a Potty Trainer

I've decided to bite the bullet and potty train Gem. The method I tried last time was a disaster. They wanted you to have the child train a dolly how to use the potty. She hated it. She wanted NOTHING to do with that doll. So now I'm on the 3 day potty training method. Keep your fingers crossed that she gets it soon and I don't end up killing myself. There really should be people out there who do this for a fee. I really don't want to do this. I hate it.

We went through the house this morning and gathered up all of the diapers and threw them away. Do there is no turning back. Please keep your fingers crossed for us. I'm stressed to the max! I do have a really good assistant. Maya is my little champ. What would I do without her?

2 comments:

Lezlie Skinner-Blazzard said...

Wow! You didn't even save any diapers for bedtime?!?! You are hard core! :) Let me know how it goes... I'm not dreading it because I think I might kill myself... I'm more worried about homicide. ;)

Unknown said...

Good luck. Potty training is probably the biggest dread of parenthood. But just remember, this to shall pass. She will not go away to college still wearing diapers.